Information with regards to the coronavirus (COVID-19)
Due to the coronavirus, several measures have been taken already that also affect the festival summer, which we have all been looking forward to so much. On this page we will keep you informed about the developments that apply to the festivals in our offer, and how we deal with them.
Our thoughts go out to the relatives of victims and our healthcare heroes, as well as to all festival organizations, their crew, suppliers, artists and of course you as a visitor. Together we are strong. Hopefully we will see you again soon at one of our festivals. Stay safe!
Q: Will the festival that I bought tickets for take place at the original dates?
This differs per festival. It also depends on the country where the festival takes place. Below you can find a list of the festivals in our offer that are now known to have been cancelled or postponed.
- Sziget Festival (postponed to 2021, statement)
- Balaton Sound Festival (postponed to 2021, statement)
- Pohoda Festival (postponed to July 8-10 2021, statement)
- Rock Werchter (postponed to 2021, statement)
- Melt Festival (postponed to 2021, statement)
- splash! Festival (postponed to 2021, statement)
- Roskilde Festival (postponed to 2021, statement)
- Lollapalooza Berlin (postponed to 2021, statement)
- RFM Somnii (postponed to July 9-11 2021, statement)
- Colours of Ostrava (postponed to July 14-17 2021, statement)
- Electric Castle (postponed to July 14-18 2021; statement)
- EXIT festival (postponed to 2021; statement)
Q: I bought tickets and/or other products for (one of) these festivals. What does this mean for me?
For tickets or other products that come directly from the festival, the festival’s policy applies. You will be contacted by the festival organization for the handling of these tickets. It depends on the festival whether your ticket will remain valid for the 2021 edition, whether you will receive a voucher or whether you can apply for a refund.
Q: I booked travel, accommodation and/or add-ons that are provided by Festival Travel in addition to the festival’s offer. What does this mean for me?
With these products you can choose whether you want to keep them for the next edition or request a refund. In case you want to keep the tickets, you don’t have to do anything. If you wanted to request a refund, you were able do this via the form in the email you received on Monday 28 September 2020. Requesting a refund was possible until Monday 12 October 2020.
Q: When is it possible to request my refund?
You were able to request a refund via the form in the email between Monday 28 September and Monday 12 October 2020.
Q: Why would I keep my ticket(s)?
– After a year of no festivals, festivalgoers are in for a treat, and all festivals and trips will be sold out soon
– Due to scarcity, ticket prices may also go up
– By keeping your ticket you support Festival Travel, festivals and the entire industry
– Tickets remain valid until they can actually be used
Q: My question has not yet been answered. Can you help me out?
Of course we can. Please contact us via the Festival Travel contact page.