Travelling by train to Balaton Sound
Start the party already on departure: take the Balaton Sound Express! Make new friends before you arrive, drink a beer on the road and enjoy the view. Hop on at Ghent-Sint-Pieters and Brussels-South and travel directly to the festival. The train also is the greenest travel option. You emit 83% less CO2 in comparison to a trip by plane*.
🎥 – Watch the Balaton Sound Express 2018 aftermovie.
- Departure from Ghent-Sint-Pieters (12:13 pm) and Brussels-South (01:03 pm) Monday July 1
Arrival in Zamardi, Hungary: Tuesday July 2
- Departure from Szántód-Kőröshegy (03:20 pm), Hungary: Monday July 8
Arrival in Ghent-Sint-Pieters and Brussels-South, Belgium: Tuesday July 9
Travelers must be at the train station at least one hour before departure. Departure times are subject to change. Changes will be communicated by e-mail and via the website.
|Train type||Seat||Economy Couchette||Comfort Couchette|
|Balaton Sound Express||Available||Sold out||Almost sold out|
Price & booking tickets
Prices for the Balaton Sound Express vary by place: seat (€190,-), economy couchettes (€220,-) and comfort couchettes (€240,-).
Facilities Balaton Sound Express
- Space for luggage
Arrival station: Zamárdi
The Balaton Sound Express arrives at Zamárdi train station. From there on it will be a 20-minute walk to the Balaton Sound campsites. You can use the local train service if you stay in Balatonföldvár or Siófok.
Departure station: Szántód-Kőröshegy
After the festival, the Balaton Sound Express departs from Szántód-Kőröshegy train station. The train station is located less than three kilometers from the Balaton Sound campsites. We have chosen this departure station because there are a lot of shadow spots and because we have plenty time to get in the train at Szántód (instead of Zamárdi).
With the Balaton Sound Express we arrive a day early to the regular opening of the campings. For the Balaton Sound Express the campsite will open already that day. More information will follow soon.
The most eco-friendly way to travel
* The difference of 83% is calculated in an advisory module from Milieu Centraal, an independent organization of Rijkswaterstaat that provides practical information about the environment. Based on a distance of 1.434 kilometers and 900 people, Milieu Centraal indicates that the emissions per person by train are 96kg CO2, while aircraft uses 550 kg CO2.
Balaton Sound Express
- Balaton Sound, Hungary
- 1 – 9 July 2019
- Seat (€190,-)
In fabric covered, convertible chairs. Three at both sides of the compartment.
- Economy Couchette (220,-) – Sold out
In fabric covered, convertible beds. Three at both sides of the compartment.
- Comfort Couchette (€240,-)
In fabric covered, convertible beds. Three at one side and two on the other side of the compartment.
Transfer in Belgium