How much can I carry with me?
- Big bag or suitcase
- Small bag
Allowed to take with you:
- A valid identity card. The number of the identity card must correspond to the document number in your Festival.Travel account (required)
- A valid printed Train ticket for both the outward- and return journey, these can be downloaded separately after the classification is known (required)
- Up to 6 cans (33cl) of beer, 1 bottle of wine or other drinks with the same amount of alcohol per traveler
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages in non-commercial quantities. We recommend to take this with you sufficiently.
Not allowed to take with you:
- Large and unnecessary luggage such as party tents, surfboards, pets, caravans and house plants
How are the seats assigned?
In case you buy multiple tickets (of the same comfort level) within one order, these places will automatically be placed together in one compartment (one compartment equals six seats). Groups of more than six will be split in two. Also groups of five will be split since not a lot of people travel alone. Theoretically, it is possible that we also have to split groups of four, but very little chance. We will always try to place split groups in compartments next to each other.
Did you purchase tickets (of the same comfort level) separately from each other? Please hand in a placement request via your personal Festival.Travel account, so we can assign seats next to each other. The final classification will be determined a few days in advance of departure, to give you more than enough time to submit your seating preferences. No matter if you purchased one or more tickets, please make sure to check the seats (in your personal Festival.Travel account) to avoid any inconvenience.
When will I receive my ticket?
To finalize the tickets, there are two elements that need to be clear: your seating number and the final departure times. For this reason, it takes some time to complete and send the tickets. Short before departure it will be possible to download the tickets in your personal Festival.Travel account. You will receive an email in due time.
Can I sell my train ticket?
You can only sell your train ticket by manually transferring the ticket by Festival.Travel. Directly after the purchase, the ticket gets linked to the customer. Hence, the ticket is personalized. To change the tickets’ owner, we charge one-off fee, no matter what the amount of tickets is. When you hand in a request to sell your ticket(s), you will subsequently receive an invoice. Changing the tickets’ owner is possible until two weeks before departure.
When you buy a ticket for a festival train of Festival.Travel you agree to our general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage. You can read the conditions here.